Web Search

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My First Kiss

I know I’m seriously behind on the times especially when it comes to music. When I was younger, I always knew the newest best songs on the radio but in the past few years I’m lucky to know any songs that aren’t sang by The Fresh Beat Band or the Backyardigans. A few months ago, I turned the television to CMT and fell in love with Kelly Clarkson after hearing her sing Don’t You Wanna Stay with Jason Aldean. I’ve watched the video over and over and finally for the first time heard it on the radio today. I had a three hour window in my car by myself….it was heaven! I’ve listened to the song numerous times and have finally come to the conclusion it’s a song written about a first date or either a rekindled love. It really doesn’t matter, the song is awesome. It makes me think about my first kiss. Oh, how long ago that was!

My first kiss happened when I was in the seventh grade. It was nothing like I imagined nor what I expected. I’m not sure what I expected but certainly not what happened. It was one of those awkward moments when you’re not sure where to place your hand or which direction you should tilt your head. All I can say is that it went wrong, terribly wrong. During the middle of this “passionate” middle school smooch, the guys tongue went straight up my nose when I adjusted my head. Sadly, I was too grossed out that he had tried to suck my lips off of my face to even think badly of him cleaning my boogers from my nose.

That happened on a Friday. By that next Monday, everyone at school heard what happened and I broke up with him. It was just too humiliating to walk around with him knowing more about the texture of my snot than I did. Summer break was a week later. And now almost 20 years later, I’m finally talking about it. I need a therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment